Friday, August 1, 2008

Super Procrastinator

Just wanted to tell everyone about my plans for the weekend.

We have reached the beginning of the month, so finally, I have grocery money, again! Yay! The kids were getting pretty sick of me trying to feed them cardboard "But it's good fiber!" So, watch out Walmart here I come! Much shopping will ensue!

Dan's folks are coming in this afternoon. They are here to spend the weekend and celebrate Grant's birthday, early. And, since they were coming in, and Dan's sister JeanAnn and her boyfriend, Jason, on Saturday, I decided I should try and get the two youngest baptized.

So, one frantic, pleading email later, and Grant and Wyatt are being baptized on Sunday! Yay! I love it when a plan comes together. But, no time for singing my praises, got more stuff to do!!!

Now we can officially add Baptism to the weekend's events! Complete with a drop-in brunch for all of our family and friends, afterwards. Much, much to do on this part of the weekend!

Of course, my Mom and Step-Dad could not be left out of the weekend since, now, there is a Baptism happening. So, they too, will arrive on Saturday.

Have I mentioned yet that on Saturday morning, we are supposed to have a Garage Sale? I just love packing as much as I can into a weekend! I still have all those un-used toys jamming-up my closet, and of course Dan thinks I have lots of other useless stuff, so all of these "useless" items will be sold or given away on Saturday. Oh joy, cannot wait to wake up yet another morning before the dawn even cracks in order to get everything accomplished!

My Dan will help in the following ways:
1) he will commence by telling me how un-organized I am and how I have, yet again, tried to pack too much into one weekend! he's of course, right.
2) he will surely end up being the one to get all of the "useless" stuff priced and organized because I always have good intentions, but not so good follow-through he's just so good at these sorts of things!
3) I've enlisted him to smoke a piece of meat, still haven't decided what farm animal to serve yet, I'll let you know I'm sure you're on pins and needles, since he did such a good job on the turkeys last month.
4) I will allow him free reign over the liquor cabinet. He is going to need it dealing with a fully-crazed, under-slept, over-stressed wife. Drink-up, Honey, remember why you love me!

I, on the other hand, still have a cake to order for the Sunday affair. Probably should have done that days ago! But, hey why do it then, when I still have 48 minutes to get it done within my allotted 24 hour pre-order time-frame! Still have all that shopping to get done at Wally-world, and Sam's. Have a bazillion boxes to go through in the attic, to find more "useless" junk to get rid of. Still have a house that needs cleaning from the top down. Laundry that just keeps piling-up, and a million other things I'd like to try and accomplish on top of this already loaded schedule. I even contemplated painting my kitchen! Seriously!!! But, I have been wanting to do it, and my Mom is a stellar painter, and well, she loves me, she'd help! Yeah, I have a problem! Quit trying to out-do yourself!

Ehhem, back to the itinerary......

Now, the matching Sunday outfits have been purchased, Thank GOD, just gotta make sure both Dan and I have cleaned and pressed shirts and pants for Sunday (it would only be proper that we all be wearing the same color scheme! But, who am I kidding, they'll be clean, that's as much as I can promise! Wrinkles will have to be hidden or blamed on children who still require carrying!)

Oh, and did I tell you yet that I've been up since 3:42am!

But, for all of you who do not know me well, let me just give you some insight. It wouldn't be like me to plan an event for months in advance and be calm and cool. No, that'd be someone else. I like to see just how much I can fit into any one day or one weekend, etc. Oh, and procrastinate a bit during the whole process so that when it comes to "Party Day" my stomach is in knots, my blood-pressure is sky-high, and my list of to-do's seems un-doable! Oh, but au contraire, I can do it! I'm Super Procrastinator! I may put things off, but when the time comes, I get the job done with my my super human skills!!!

So, now that you know who you are dealing with. Let me ask for your forgiveness now. Please forgive me if you plan on attending this weekend's events because I will be the blur you see rushing past you on a mission to do the "un-doable". And, if I begin a conversation or a thought with you and then stop half-way through, just remind me of what I was saying because I am sure some other unfinished task has crept it's villainous head into view and my super powers, though super, are at work, which limits me in memory. But, I do have super powers, mixed with A.D.D., and a control problem, but they're sure super!

Well, anyway, just thought I would give you all a run down of what will be going on here. And, too, it's now 6:05am, and I should be getting ready for work, but really, that would not be like me! No, I have plenty of time! Enough that I just had to take a minute to tell you all what was going on! AHHHHHHH! Why do I do this to myself! I definitely win the award for Procrastination! But, coupled with my Super Powers I am a force to reckon with!

And an apology to my husband, "You are right, Honey. I am a Procrastinator!" I'm sorry that I try to argue with you about my procrastination! It's just hard to admit to when your mind thinks, "What? Can't you see what I am capable of?! I'm Super, and a Procrastinator, but SUPER nonetheless. And you have to admit, I'm getting it done, aren't I?!" See my side more clearly now???

Best be going now. Off to tackle another insurmountable task! Super Hero theme song playing in the background.

Your Friend,
Super Procrastinator

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie,
I'm pooped just from reading your weekend agenda. I don't know how you can throw a Baptism on the same weekend as a Garage sale.

I've only held 2 garage sales in my lifetime and I spent at least a week washing old stuffed teddy bears, cleaning grease off of Fischer Price toys, and labeling and sorting clothes that I would be lucky to get a nickle for.

A baptism took less preparation but there was still lots to do to get my baby's ready to have the "original sin" washed from their innocemt souls.

I think Dan should refer to you as his "Super Organized Procrastinator Wife". After all, you have to be organized to get things pulled off because you procrastinated too long.

Do you ever watch HGTV? They show how you can redecorate an entire room or two or three in just a few days for less then $2000. I've always thought your mom should apply as a decorator for that show.

She is the world's fastest painter that I know and she enjoys decorating. I bet she would just love to help you paint that room! LOL

Aunt Marla

Carrie said...

Ha Ha! I know! I do try and do a lot! It amazes me when I put it down in print, too!

And, you're right, mom should apply to be a decorator on one of those shows. She is amazing, and for her daughter those are BIG shoes to fill! See why I have to try and do so much?!?!

No. Not really, she gets the gold star for work-horse! I won't even try to win that race!!!

Anonymous said...

I am going to hide in a tree on your property and shoot you with a tranquilizer dart! Slow down!

Love you,

Amanda

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha....I'm still laughing from Amanda's comment...Loved that. I actually thought I saw you in the tree, Amanda, but you must have missed your target. We are just back from the weekend at Carrie's. She was a blur. I guess we both were as we worked together to prepare for the Baptismal banquet. Carrie had fruit that was to be put on skewers for fruit kabobs. I told her to forget the skewers, and just throw the fruit on a tray. Good enough. Jerry (stepdad) wielded a carving knife beautifully through a fresh pineapple. Yumm that was good. We had to read the directions on how to carve up a fresh pineapple. Never too old to learn. Carrie and Dan had so much food there and it was all delicious. Good job on the pork Dan. I don't know why my daughter takes so much on. I think she thrives on deadlines. She didn't get that from me, as I tend to get really "witchey" when under pressure.
Somehow it all came together and it was a nice party.
Oh, and I would just love to paint the kitchen for Carrie...but not any time too soon. Reminds me of a comment my friend Jeanne said about me...she said, "Barbara would paint the moon if someone would just give her a ladder tall enough". Ha ha...guess my secret is out. I'm dangerous in a room with a bucket of paint.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Carrie, enjoy these days, as, before you know it, the kids will be gone and busy with their own families. Then you'll be wishing you had something to do. I hope you have recuperated from your packed weekend.
Aunt Marsha