Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Grant's Got a Haircut Looks Like A......

Just had to share. Grant and Griffin both got haircuts on Sunday, via this great salon, "Momma's Got Scissors". I'm sure many of you have been to this salon. I know my Mom always cut my brothers' hair and has cut my Step-Dad's hair for almost as long as they've been married. So, seems fitting that her daughter would follow in her Beautician By Necessity Not Licensing foot steps.

And this weekend's haircuts were far from the first ones I've given, but only the second one I had ever given to Grant. And he didn't like it at ALL!

I said, after this haircut, that if this had been his first one, I might have wondered if there was power in his locks like the story of Samson. Everytime I cut a chunk of hair off, he screamed at the top of his lungs and cried with ferocious intensity. He was PISSED! I was actually so taken aback by his fierceness that I took a second, standing there, wondering, "Am I hurting him in some way?"

I've never seen him get so upset about anything like he did with this! I'm sure, based on the way he reacted, that he felt this was bordering on abuse!

Well, too bad for him I am not going to stop my hair-dressing ways. Nope, too darn much money to take 'em to the salon when "Momma's Got Scissors" is cutting hair for free!

Thought you'd enjoy these photos I took right after the ordeal.

In the first one he's smack in the middle of a fit, in the second he's calming down a bit, and in the third, he's mad because I am taking his picture and "Can't you see I'm REALLY upset over here! Put that camera AWAY!!"








Hee Hee I'm such a bad mommie! But a good historian! Now you have a picture of this fit to look back upon and laugh about! Or curse me. Either way, I've committed this event to film and shared with others! I know don't you just love me?!?!! XOXOX, The Paparazzi, aka Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Stars in Heaven!!
He looks so much more like Grifiin now! WOW.

Poor baby wanted to keep his hair- but he looks GREAT! So grown. I'm surprised YOU didn't cry!

--MaxsGranny