Friday, August 15, 2008

Let's Do Something GREAT!!!

******I've edited this since I first posted, now you can click on the links! YAY! Thanks Lynette for figuring out what I needed to do. It's good to have geniuses for friends!!!

Okay not sure how this will work, but I am trying out my tech-y skills here, so let's see if this "copy" worked...

Darn it!
Okay, so I just copied the link, let's see if this works....

It didn't. Big fat surprise, I'm mentally challenged on these sorts of things!

Here's what I am asking folks to do.
There is a link to a paypal account that has been setup for donations (you can find it on the last page I have linked here in this post.) This donated money is going to buy Nintendo DS's for some less-fortunate kids and the rest will be donated to our awesome local hospital, maybe you've heard of it..... St Jude's???

Let me first take you through what I've been reading. Then you'll have a greater understanding for what I'm talking about

The saga begins with this post:

http://boobsinjuriesanddrpepper.blogspot.com/2008/08/no-not-upset-livid.html

........................................................
it gets better with this post:

http://boobsinjuriesanddrpepper.blogspot.com/2008/08/pleasantly-surprised.html
........................................................

It's a totally freakin' awesome "happy ending" in this post:

http://boobsinjuriesanddrpepper.blogspot.com/2008/08/wow.html
.........................................................

And these next ones will give you a better idea as to why I am urging you to join me in doing something GREAT!!

http://boobsinjuriesanddrpepper.blogspot.com/2008/08/forward.html
http://boobsinjuriesanddrpepper.blogspot.com/2008/08/so-far.html
http://boobsinjuriesanddrpepper.blogspot.com/2008/08/what-opportunity.html
..........................................................

So, if you're not crying well, then you just aren't as tender-hearted as me, and that's okay! But, you know me, I was bawling like a baby hearing about people helping people, and people helping kids, and well, I just enjoy a good love-fest!

To get all of you comfortable with this blogger, let me say, that she is an AMAZING person! She would help anyone, anywhere, with anything! And what she is doing here for her daughter, helping her foster the giving spirit her daughter has, is just wonderful, terrific, spectacular, marvelous, inspiring..........

I, as many of you know, would work for free and give all my money to the poor if I didn't have a family to help support and bills to pay. But, I believe whole-heartedly in giving when you can, tithing my 10%, and giving God all the glory for all that I have! He has given all of us SOO much, and every day that He graces me with, I am more than grateful for!

This life is what we make of it. What we choose to do with it. And hopefully, if we listen to the little voice in our hearts, what God intends for us. I have found in recent months that what God intends for me to do with my life, is to help others. To Spread Joy. To Inspire Kindness. To teach my children these mentioned, and also, what it means to be humble and what it feels like to walk a day in someone else's shoes. Help them find that compassion for others. It is my job. The most important one I have!

I am not sure what the rest of you feel, what the rest of you see as God's intent for you. But, I know that every one of you is a caring and loving and giving individual! I know this because you are my friends, relatives, and role-models. EVERY one of you has given me something that has made me into who I am at work, at home, at church, in the community, as a mother, as a wife, as a sister, as a daughter......

Each and every one of you has given me so much that I feel the great desire to help others in any way I can. And this opportunity to give, is something I felt compelled to share with all of you!

So, please, take a well-deserved moment, to read the links I have posted. Please, look within your hearts, and ask God for His guidance, but please, at least think about donating.

And let me know what you think, what you feel, if you have other ideas for donations, etc.
I am so very blessed to have you all in my life! I hope you all feel that from me!

Much, Much Love To Everyone!
Carrie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carrie, it's so great that you are a loving, caring person & want to do all you can for others. As to tithing, it means 5% to your church and 5% to other charities.

Love from Grandma