Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Daddy's Boy

Why Wyatt is exactly his father.

1) He looks exactly like him.....I mean identical....except for the blond hair...he is a mini-me, er Mini-Dan, I mean! :)

2) He can be so serious. I need to get a picture to add to this post so you can see side by side how they both furrow their brows. Just know that in a 1 year old, a furrowed brow is HIGHLY comical!

3) Ice Cream. Last night I let him have some ice cream. And might I state for the record that he would not let me feed him. WOULD NOT! I was not allowed to hold the spoon at all.....I practically couldn't even look at it! He'd watch me, if I touched the spoon he would shake his head vigourously back and forth a hundred times saying "No No No" the whole time. If I left the spoon alone but watched him he would point his finger at me and say "No, No, No"....and when I left him alone with the bowl, he got frustrated with the spoon, used his hands and then, finally, drank the ice cream from the bowl....his forehead, cheeks, nose, chin, tummy, and mouth were ice cream coated...but he was in heaven! Just as his father is when he eats ice cream! (Though Dan is slightly less messy......slightly.)

4) Sweaty. This kid sweats. It is not a little glistening on the forehead or skin that is a tad bit clammy....no, he is like soaking wet hair, skin slick with perspiration, and harder to hold onto than a greased pig! When he gets like this, if he falls down on the floor, he'll get up and have stuff stuck to his sweaty legs and belly. It's like, "Oops! How'd that happen? Oh, hey, I found this Cheerio for you!" Not going to say Dan has ever had Cheerio's stuck to him after laying on the floor (though he probably has, he's just never offered me one) but that guy is sweaty! Not stinky sweaty though. That would be hard to live with....No, just sweaty, lots of sweat, sweaty! And so is Wyatt. Two peas in one sweaty pod!

5) Lastly, he's a night owl! This is something he without a doubt 100% gets from his father! It's like he gets a second wind around 7:30-8:00 when I am trying to wind him down he is winding up! Last night I spent an hour and a half rocking him trying to get him settled. Only to have his Dad walk in the door at 8:45 and Wyatt to leap from my arms...."It's on!" That hour plus of togetherness was just a farce! He was just pacifying me! "Yeah, I'll sit here quietly, but I'm just resting up...that second wind is comin'!" He and his Dad had a sandwich together, ate some chips, played on the floor, etc. Then, Dan and I spent the better part of an hour watching him do this Michael Flattley Lord of the Dance move while spinning himself silly, over and over again! HUH-LARRY-US!!!! I fell asleep at 10:30....there's no telling what time he finally did. But Daddy was awake....he put him to sleep. Daddy's always awake longer than Mommie.....thus Wyatt is just like his Dad!

I know there are definite characteristics that Wyatt gets from me like some of his silliness and his love for dancing......but, truly, Wyatt is his Daddy's boy!

3 comments:

Mr. Mcknob said...

That is an awesome post. If I did one about harmony but I would have to her looks to my mom and her attitude to my sister. I don't know where I fit in that picture.

Anonymous said...

You are right about him looking like his Daddy. No doubt about where that boy came from. I know Dan sweats, I know he is a night owl, but I didn't know about his loving ice cream. I'll be sure to have some next time you come for a visit. Cute story.
Mom

Carrie said...

Just make sure it's Cookies and Cream or Heath Bar Crunch or something like that. He likes ice cream but he is sort of a snob about it. Only certain kinds are "good" in his book! Blue Bell is his favorite. But of course he thoroughly enjoys Baskin Robbins and will lower his standards to Breyers every once in a while. ha ha!
And Chris, Harmony's sense of humor is definitely a derrived from you! But, I'd say that brain, and that verbal-ness that makes me wonder why my kids are so dumb, is all Momma! Ha ha!
I know my kids aren't dumb, I was joking for anyone who thought differently....but seriously, this girl has a LARGE vocabulary! Makes Grant look like he's so backwards! And we thought he was our intellectual one!