Tuesday, September 2, 2008

LOUD!!!!!

Grant's birthday was this weekend. He turned 2!! Yay!! I will have pictures to share in my next post (I, of course, do not have my camera with me to upload the pictures today, shocker!)

But, I had to take a minute to tell you all about something that made me laugh til I almost piddled myself! Seriously, too funny!!

You know how Grant is such a screamer, right?!? Well, if you haven't experienced his screaming, you're lucky. But, for all of you who have, you know he is LOUD!!!! And PERSISTANT!!! MAAAAAMMMMMAAAA!!! Is his normal "inside" voice when calling for me!

Anyway, yesterday, we were laying on the bottom bunk of the bunk beds watching the movie Cars, when Kendyl, who was over visiting and also watching the movie from the squishy confines of the bunk, got out Griffin's Flash Cards and started asking him what each letter was.

She held up a G, "What's this letter Griffin?"

"G"

"Good job!" and she put the card down.

"What's this letter Griffin?"

"Um, uh, oh D."

"Good Job!" and she puts the card down.

Well, while this was happening Grant stopped paying attention to the movie and turned and sat quietly by Kendyl's side watching as she asked Griffin his letters. When she laid the cards down, she laid them in front of Grant. So, the next thing I know, it's not only Kendyl asking Griffin what a letter is, but it's Grant, too.

"Griffin, What's this letter?"

"Ummm, hmmm...."

Grant: "Bubba. Ish-shhi-shi?" holding up the D Kendyl had laid down just before.

Kendyl: "What's this letter Griffin? It starts your last name???"

"Ummm, N? Uh, no wait, ummmmm....."

Grant: "Bubba. Bubba. BUBBBBBBBAAA!!! Ish-shhi-shi?? BUBBBBBBBAAAAA!!!"

Griffin: "What Grant?"

Grant: "Ish-shhi-shi?"

Griffin: "D. That's a D."

Grant: "Mhhhm, D. "

Kendyl: "So, Griffin, What's this letter?"

Griffin: "Oh yeah, uh, hmm, uh, V? No wait C. Uh, no....."

Grant holding up the same D card as before...

Grant: "Bubba. Bubba. BUBBBBBBAAA!!!! Bubba."

Griffin: "Uh, is it a P? No, a G, no..."

Kendyl: "C'mon Griffin you know this one. It's the first letter of your last name."

Griffin: "Oh yeah, ummmm...."

Grant still holding up the D card...

Grant: "Bubba. BUUUUUUBBBBBBBAAAA!!!! Bubba, Bubba!"

Griffin: "What Grant????"

Grant: "Bubba, Ish-shhi-shi?"

Griffin: "That's a D, Grant!"

Grant: "Mhmm, D. O-kay-ee."

This holding up of the D card continued for like 10 minutes. It was always the same, Griffin ignoring Grant, trying to answer Kendyl's flash card inquiries, and Grant laboriously trying to get Griffin to pay attention to him by SCREAMING his name just inches from his face, while holding up the very important D card!

It had me in tears! I swear my abdominal muscles hurt I was laughing so hard. And, Griffin, who was at first annoyed by Grant, was laughing as well, and was puposely avoiding answering Grant because seeing Grant get so fired up over the damn D card was hilarious! Kendyl was rolling too. We were all just cracking up over Grant and his INTENSE BUUUUUBBBBBBBAAAA!!! And then his quite calm, "Ish-shhi-shi? D. O-kay-ee." It was just gut-busting!

I never want to forget this, even though Grant's screaming drives me crazy most of the time. It can be super hilarious too! That's why I'm blogging about it now and sharing it with all of you. O-kay-ee??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you know you could win 10K for stuff like that? GET OUT YOUR CAMCORDER!!
Wish I could have seen it!
--MaxsGranny

Anonymous said...

I can picture this as I have heard the screaming first-hand. Grant is such a funny character. Loud, but funny. I agree with MaxsGranny about the recorder. It would have been fun to see. Never a dull moment with the boys around.
Love,
Mom