Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Momma, Momma I'm Comin' Home

Well, we were in Cherokee Village Arkansas the past few days. Visiting Mom, Jerry, and Grandma. And, BONUS, Ben, Dianne PLUS Greg, Sara, and Wilson!! It was a packed house!
We had to leave last night since work beckoned for both Dan and I, today.
Ugh! Work. When is my Dad going to win the lottery like he keeps saying he's going to??
Lord, do you think his prayers are too selfish?? He could take care of so many with that money! Let Daddy win the Lottery, Amen.
(ha! of course I jest.)

It was really great seeing everyone. (pictures to come)
My family is a great one. We may be dysfunctional, but dysfunction is fun! What fun would it be if we all sat around and no one ever got upset with anyone else or said something off-color??? Yeah, no problems there. You can never predict what might come out of someone's mouth at our functions!! Cover your ears son!!

Speaking of that. I was bad Mom for the 114millionth time this weekend! I have been trying to be a better filter of what I allow Griffin to watch. Because, you know, if he starts throwing punches and speaking chinese it's probably because I've been letting him watch too many KungFu movies. So, anyway, yesterday I was tired, really tired (clarification: in order to fit in with our crowd you've got to be willing to stay up late, get up early, oh, and have a few drinks along the way. This is not mandatory, but oh so fun, and look, it'd been a while since we'd all been together. So, I was not going to miss this! Bring on the booze!) We were getting ready to leave CV and Griffin wanted to know what movies he had to choose from for the ride. Well, I started pulling out movies and asking if he wanted to watch this or this.... Then, I pulled out Walking Tall, and said, "What about this one?"
He was like, "Uh, Mom, that's an adult movie."
Oh yeah. I'm remebering now. The last time he wanted to watch this I told him that really this was not one of his movies this was an adult movie and he really shouldn't watch it. Yeah. Humm, funny how my mind seems to be made out of swiss cheese these days.
I say, "Oh, you're right."
He says, "But, I'll watch it."
I think, I can take a stand here, or I can cave.
Commence Caving!!!
"Okay. But, you are not allowed to repeat any of the language you hear."
"No problem, Mom. I won't. I won't even say someofmabish, I promise."
"WHAT?!?!?"
"Mom. I'm sorry. I wasn't even saying someofmabish. I was just saying it. I mean just saying I won't say it."
"Just stop Griffin! Stop saying it! Stop saying you won't say it and then saying it. Just don't say it!"
And then, I put the movie in.
Bad Mommie! Bad, bad Mommie! Hope people won't say my son is a someofamabish. But, then, they'd be right. He's so screwed!!

2 comments:

dmc said...

HILARIOUS!!! you are so funny, Carrie! so is Griffin! :)

Anonymous said...

wow, that was someofabichin great