Tuesday, September 13, 2011

There is POWER in Numbers...But One Person DOES Make a Difference...

Unity. How do you feel united? What makes you feel aglow with passion? What keeps your heart going? What makes you feel loved without someone telling you, verbally, every day...I Love You....You're so Perfect...You're the Best Thing that ever happened to me....What keeps you gripping to something when sometimes you wonder...Is my grip being held on the other side? Because I feel like I am slipping.
It's unity. A line that you stand at with another. A force you two, or you ten, envoke when you stand as one. This is how groups become groups. This is why our country became the United States.
Without Unity we are only strangers, self-absorbed, and un-feeling individuals.
Families of the past have been the unified forces of rock-solid determination and of unconditional support. It seems that our families are not what they used to be, though...so how do we make that better? (go to the mirror and look in it.)
Neighborhoods used to be an extension of your family. People you needed on your side because against you would create too much opportunity for turmoil. How could I be friendly with them? What do I even have in common with him? (here's a thought....assuming you have nothing they would desire, or they have nothing you desire, is another way of saying...I got this...I have enough people in my life...I don't need you.)
Power. So many of us are struggling with the lack of feeling power in our lives. We feel like life is something that happens to us, not that we have an active role in. We find ourselves loving and admiring others, but without the love of self to look at our own reflection and say....I am beautiful. I am brave. I am someone who can change. I can be powerful.
Unity=Power
When you are feeling discouraged...or beaten down. Do you turn inward? Do you feel like your problems should not be the problems of others? Does your small voice inside say, "No one really cares to hear about your problems....Everyone else is dealing with their own."
This is your one-way ticket to separatism....To feelings of anger and negativity and detachment.
I want to challenge every person, to push those feelings of detachment, and those inclinations to gossip, and withdraw out of your head. Tighten your tongue, but fill-up your heart. Find a way...there is ALWAYS a way.
Unity can be slowly taken from us when we give in to the feelings someone else tries to impose upon us. Don't give in. Cling to this, "I'm a better person for all the things that come my way. Even when those things are not pleasant."
There is a grip on the other end of yours....and He is God. He's holding you tight. He's asking for your acceptance as His creation and He's willing to accept you, even in your failing.
Get United. Stand Powerful. Know that choosing to hold true to what you know is right, will bring you through any storm.
When you give in to gossip, and anger...you loosen your grip on Him. Jesus taught us to love one another...all others...even the ones whose actions should not warrant love. Love others. FEEL UNITED. Become Powerful.
There was never another man in life like Jesus. But, how many of us wouldn't want to love like that? Wouldn't want to sit so calmly in our faith that no matter the toil presented, love and grace is all that can emanate.
If you are reading this....know that I Love You! That I thank God every day for the blessings of my life and for His tight grip on me. I feel United and Powerful in Him because of you. Because of everyone he has put in my life.
If you ever need anyone to help you feel more put-together...more connected....better acknowledged, please don't forget about me.
Today I realized I have been losing a lot of ground in my journey because I've let BUSY become my mantra. But, I want you to know....I'm never too busy for you and I'm grateful for being a part of your life...big or small. In person or in the cyber-world.
All My Love,
Carrie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God and family first. That is what really matters in the grand scheme of things.
Love you too.
Mom